- Nobody told me where to go to get resources to help me
- Nobody told me where I could get training to get a better job
- Nobody will hire me because I don't have the right looks
- I can't participate in online training because I'm illiterate and too old
- I learn better when someone shows me how to do something instead of me learning on my own
- You're the expert, you should be able to tell me the type of job I should look for, and
- I need a job; does your company help people get jobs?
Do you see the commonality? These women have placed the responsibility of their lives on the shoulders of others. As a result, VEINC is launching a Rise Up Ye Women Challenge to challenge us to take a stand to hold ourselves accountable for our lives and destinies!
The Prophet Isaiah addressed the women of Jerusalem about their self-indulgence and negligence to pay attention to the sign of the times that was at hand. The women had become complacent (i.e., at ease) with their lives and God's provisions, but was not preparing themselves for the future calamities that could harm them and their children.
Women, in order for us to Rise Up above our external circumstances, we have to allow God to Rise Up in us! I John 4:4 states, Greater is He that's within you than he that's in the world. The first step to rise above our circumstances is to become empowered by God's Holy Spirit through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ will ignite us to Rise Up from:
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of self-discipline and control
- Lack of self-love
- Lack of purpose
- Victimized mentality, and
- Spiritual, emotional, and financial deficiencies
VEINC is not indicating lives will be easier with a relationship with Jesus Christ; however, we will become empowered to handle and deal with life better when we're connected to Him! For example, our cell phones run on batteries, but when the batteries run low or die, we have to recharge them by connecting the phone to the charger and plugging it into an electric socket. When the cell phone is fully recharged, it will operate at its fullest capacity. So, having Jesus in our lives helps us to function and operate at our best capacity!
For Women's History Month, let's make our own history by Rising Above our challenges and taking control of our lives. If you're ready to take the challenge, click here and share one thing you will Rise Above for this Women's History Month.