Two homeless women contacted The SOFEI Group for housing assistance after eviction from an area shelter. Housing homeless women and their families is not part of our mission; however, we sought assistance (temporary housing, food, and pampers) from area organizations, churches, and people on their behalf. Following are responses to our request:
- Why were they evicted?
- Are they tithing members of a church?
- They must be irresponsible women to be evicted from a shelter.
- Why can't they move to another shelter?
- I don't believe in giving my money to people that don't want to help themselves.
- Why can't they go and stay with relatives?