While sitting in traffic one morning, a woman looked and commented about a dirty white car in her passenger lane. To further validate, she rolled her window down and discovered the white car was clean, and her car window was dirty.
This experience is a valuable example about our minds. Our minds can be as clean or dirty as car windows depending on the environment or the number of times the car or windows are cleaned.
Here are a few suggestions to get a clean mind:
- If you're a habitual negative thinker, get real with yourself and discover the root cause(s)
- Separate yourself from negative people and environments - even family members
- Watch what you feed your mind and determine its impact
- Read God’s word and meditate daily
- Become a non-conformist to the trends of the world
- Eat right and exercise to exert negative energy and get proper rest
- Forgive people that have wronged or hurt you and realize their actions could be a result of unhealed wounds or pain
- When a negative thought comes to mind, immediately replace it with a positive one
Finally, Proverbs 23:7a states, For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.The way you think and feel about yourself and others will be reflected in your behavior. A transformed life starts with a transformed mind.
Post a Comment