Evaluate the underlying cause of being stuck in your career.
Do you believe this is the only work you're qualified to do?
Get in the driver seat; take your career off ‘auto cruise’ and determine where you want to take it
- Resolve negative emotions associated with unemployment
- Assess your skills and determine who can benefit from them.
- List your contributions and the impacts.
- Create a career plan (inclusive of a personal mission statement and goals) to make it all happen.
Breathe life to your plan everyday
- Work on an activity everyday to achieve your career goals
- Envision yourself making a contribution in your place of work and the outcome.
- Share your vision with a person that will hold you accountable.
Your career is your responsibility and only you can decide where you want to take it! Don't let the woes of the economy or fear to stop you from making a contribution with your skills and your life.